Baby Blues or Pinks?

Two days and we find out the gender of baby Gilbert! I can't wait, and while I've insisted that I'm sure I'm having a girl, I really am starting to doubt. Regardless of what we are having, I just can't wait to find out. It would be nice to be able to call my baby something besides "it" because that's getting old quick! While we still haven't settled on names for either a boy or a girl, it would be nice just to say "he" or "she" instead of "it".

Some moms talk about how they start nesting a few weeks (or months) before delivery. Well, I think I've entered this stage wayyyy too early. I vacuum at least twice a day (unless Ryan forces the vacuum out of my hands and makes me sit down), I wash every piece of clothing that has touched the floor, and this morning, I woke up at eight to clean out the refrigerator and re wash the dishes in the dishwasher. When I'm home, all I can think about is cleaning. It's nice to have a clean house, but it's driving me crazy that I can't get it off my mind!

Ryan and I had a trip to the hospital this weekend. After a few days of just feeling bad, I came home with a temp of 102 and rising. According to my hubby, the biology major, proteins start breaking down at 103, so we were in a rush to get to the hospital to get that fever down. Unfortunately, we had never been to the hospital here before, and we aren't that familiar with the area, so it took us a little longer than it should have to find the hospital. I guess this was my first experience with really being worried about the baby's health. It was very nerve racking to not be able to do anything. We finally got to the hospital and I was hooked up to a million different things to monitor the baby. Other than a fast heartbeat, due to the fever, they assured me that everything should be fine in a few hours, but they kept me hooked up just to make sure. Apparently, a high fever while pregnant isn't a very good thing. After some medicine and a few hours, the fever went down to about 99.5, along with the baby's heartbeat going down to an acceptable rate. We headed back home way too late that night, and I was out! Between being sick and stressing over the baby being sick, I was exhausted. Hopefully no more sickness during the pregnancy. But at least now we know how to get to the hospital!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Beach Bums