Designing for Baby Gilbert

I love creating new rooms. I love to make each room look special, and try to put something special in each room in the house. I'm so excited to be able to do that for our coming baby! Unfortunately, we don't live in our own house, we're renting, which means, ugh, no painting. I'd love to paint the baby room a beautiful pink, but unfortunately, we are going to have to deal with the blue that's in there. Hopefully we can make the best of it.
Ryan and I have been shopping around for awhile, looking for something that would be colorful and warm. I'm really into colors that make you feel brighter when you walk into a room. So, I think we've found the perfect set!


Ok, so it's not exactly girl-esque. In fact, is a little on the boyish side. But I'm just not into that lacey, light pink, bow and ribbon deal that some moms like. What's important to me is to create a room that Ryan and I like, and that we can be comfortable and feel happy in, seeing as Baby Gilbert probably won't care very much. I love how vibrant it is! The colors are so warm and inviting, and will make the room feel a lot more alive. So, we've found a few things that we would like to go with it. We've already decided to get everything in the set, from the crib bedding to the lamp and wall decorations, but there have been a few things I've found at other stores that might, or might not, go with it. Let me tell you, I'm lovin the safari theme!!!

Ok, I'm really excited because Ryan and I have come to an agreement on the name for our baby girl! Before we even knew what we were having, this name was on the top of our list for a girl. We've finally officially decided on Arya (R-ee-yah) for our daughters name. What an exciting experience! And I thought naming pets was fun! We both really love the name Arya, and the meaning is even more beautiful. I never realized how much it meant to me to have a child that was full of integrity. It's all I could think, I want my child to be strong, steadfast, and sure in what she believes. When I read the etymology of the name Arya, I automatically knew it was the one. Arya, a name mainly used in Hindi speaking countries, means "Noble, great, excellent, and truthful". Wow, I mean, does it get any better than that? To me, a name is much more than how beautiful it sounds. It was important to me and my husband to give our daughter a name that had meaning, and strength. I really think that this one does, and I can't wait to meet our little Arya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Mothers