Time on my hands

The first 10 weeks of my pregnancy flew by. The next ten were not so fast, but still didn't creep along. Starting 2 weeks ago, I feel like every day lasts a week. I literally cannot wait to have my child in my arms. I've gotten in the terrible habit of pulling out all of the clothes and blankets that Arya has been given so far and looking at them. I feel like I'm going crazy waiting. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant... but this is getting to be very difficult, and I'm barely halfway there. Every day I have to find things to occupy my time so I'm not sitting around thinking about how much longer it's going to be until I actually get to see my child for the first time. I've wanted so many things in my life. To graduate high school, to graduate college, to get a good job, to get married; I've had to wait for all of them (and some of them took an excruciatingly long time) but none of the waits I've had before compare to this, the most difficult of all waiting periods. It's kind of strange, I would never have understood anyone saying this if I wasn't pregnant myself. I guess it's one of those things, like getting married, that you don't fully understand the appeal of until you meet the one you love. I never would have believed that I would have wanted to be a mother so much until I actually found out I was pregnant. Now it's all I can think about, all I want in the world. Some people talk about how awful it would be to have to give up your dreams to take care of a child, but it isn't working that way for me. It's like all of the dreams I've had before are becoming overshadowed by the joy and excitement of being able to spend the rest of my life as a mom. It's almost difficult for me to imagine what my life would be like if I wasn't pregnant, if I wasn't about to become a mother. I'm so thankful for this blessing, I'm so grateful that I've been given the chance to raise a child, to teach her and guide her and help her grow. I'm so ready to get started, it's so difficult waiting! Writing in this blog definitely helps, it lets me get all the frustrations of waiting out without having to whine to Ryan, who is just as antsy as I am.

So what about all you mothers out there, any advice on how to handle the waiting?

Comments

  1. Katie,
    Waiting is def. the hardest part. I actually vowed to not get too antzy until the end. By week 36 I was above and beyond ready. But I had to remind myself that God had a reason for Ari to be a WEEK LATE! Hahaha I only cried about his arrival the day of my due date and he was still not here. The best advice I can give you is to clean! I cleaned every single day and worked out. It helped take my mind off of it a lot. I walked three miles three times a week and that was my "me" time. Hope this helps. Once she arrives you forget how long it took. It becomes so hard to even remember life before them. It truly is the greatest gift of all. I desperatly want to see belly pictures mam! oh and p.s. loving the name! Is it pronounced like Ari only with a "yah" at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm so glad you said that about walking, I need some me time, and it's getting cooler outside so I will absolutely take the time. I will have to get some belly pictures up here soon, we have taken some, I just haven't uploaded them yet! I'm so glad you like the name, we love it but we have had a few comments that were a bit disparaging when we told people what we were naming her.But we love it so we are sticking by it! And yes, just like Ari with a yah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Beach Bums