Politics, baby!

So, the blogging has slowed down lately.

I feel like I'm at that point in my pregnancy where there really isn't that much to talk about. Arya is growing, getting bigger, and kicking less (I guess due to her growth spurts leaving her without much room!). I wish there was more news, but nothing yet! We head back to the doctor next week, hopefully then I'll have something interesting to post!

We did have a great blessing this week. A couple from our church had a baby girl a few years ago, and they graciously gave us all of the things that she couldn't use anymore. From swings to high chairs, we got so many things that it felt like Christmas! (for Arya, of course!) I'm so glad that there are people out there who have the heart to give to others. We now have wonderful things for our daughter because someone else was kind enough to think of us.

Another exciting event, I'm leaving tonight with a car load of friends to travel to DC for a rally on the Capitol Steps. I've thought and thought about how miserable it's going to be to drive in a car for 12 hours straight, but then I've thought about how upset I would be if I missed this opportunity. I want to be able to look at my daughter and tell her that I did everything I could to bring her into the same America that I knew and grew up in. How could I look at her and tell her that I didn't even try? I'm so excited for the opportunity to talk to congressmen and women about the upcoming vote on the healthcare bill. Hopefully we will be able to make a difference. I encourage all of you, regardless of your political stance, to stand up and fight for what you want. Make your voice heard. Never let anyone tell you that you can't make a difference, because you can. What you have to say does matter. Make sure that 10 years from now you wont look back on this time and wish that you would have done more.

Other than that, things are the same here for the Gilbert's. Hopefully we will have some news for all of you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Mothers