Settling In

So I'm finally content with settling in for a long wait. After being told that I was in the early stages of labor, I went home, packed my bags, and waited for the contractions to hit me. Three weeks later, I'm just now starting to realize that early labor means something COMPLETELY different to my midwife than it does to me. At first, I was very upset and very ready to try everything I could to get Arya here. But finally, I'm coming to terms with the fact that it may just be awhile. And honestly, I think I'm pretty okay with that. I keep reminding myself that I have years ahead of me with my child, and it's probably a good idea to take these next few weeks with my husband (and my nap time) and cherish them.

Yesterday I was reminded that our Heavenly Father is always watching over us. We are promised in Malachi 3:10- "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it"

What a wonderful promise that if we pay our tithe, a mere ten percent of our increase, that we will be blessed with so much that we literally will not have room to receive it. I'm happy to say that yesterday I was reminded of the strong testimony that I have of the blessings of tithing. Sometimes, it's difficult to hand over even just ten percent when there are so many things to pay for, and so many things you want. But I know from experience, and I promise all of you, that when we tithe, our Father holds true to his end of the promise he makes in Malachi. We will receive so many blessings, both monetary and spiritual, that we will literally not have room enough to receive it. I'm very thankful to have a testimony of this, because without the blessings of our Father, what would any of us do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Mothers