Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Wow"

So today contained quite a shocker!

I've started going to my appointments with the doctor weekly. At those appointments it really hits me that we are getting REALLY close to showtime. During the day, I think about how I can't wait for Arya to get here, I'm super excited and pumped to pull up to the hospital. At night, however, it's a bit of a different story. Though I want my bundle of joy here quickly, when I lay my head down at night, it's easy to convince myself that I can wait a few more weeks. So when I got to the doctors office today and heard the "Wow" from my midwife, I braced myself. "You're 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced!" Shocker. She quickly followed that up with reassurances that it could still be weeks before I go into active labor, but to be on the lookout for early signs. Needless to say, I've been a bundle of nerves, cleaning and packing and preparing for anything. Who knows, our dear Arya could be here sooner than we think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment