"Wow"

So today contained quite a shocker!

I've started going to my appointments with the doctor weekly. At those appointments it really hits me that we are getting REALLY close to showtime. During the day, I think about how I can't wait for Arya to get here, I'm super excited and pumped to pull up to the hospital. At night, however, it's a bit of a different story. Though I want my bundle of joy here quickly, when I lay my head down at night, it's easy to convince myself that I can wait a few more weeks. So when I got to the doctors office today and heard the "Wow" from my midwife, I braced myself. "You're 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced!" Shocker. She quickly followed that up with reassurances that it could still be weeks before I go into active labor, but to be on the lookout for early signs. Needless to say, I've been a bundle of nerves, cleaning and packing and preparing for anything. Who knows, our dear Arya could be here sooner than we think!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.

Mothers